The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 30th, 2024, 11:49am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Flicker noise dependency of VGD? (Read 3268 times)
gndod

Flicker noise dependency of VGD?
Jul 08th, 2004, 6:06am

Hi,

I'm using the bsim3v3 model and while performing a flicker noise analysis I notice that there is a dependency between the flicker noise and the VGD (=VGS-VDS).
So I could not find which is (or are) the parameter(s) in bsim3v3 model that cause this effect and are they only the flicker noise parameters in the model or there are other that influence?
I only could suppose the bias current or the Coxide...

Thaks a lot.
G.

View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Re: Flicker noise dependency of VGD?
Reply #1 - Jul 9th, 2004, 8:26am

The flicker noise is dependent on the drain current cdrain, which is a function of Vds and Vgs (in forward mode, Vds>0 -- or of Vgd and Vsd in reverse mode), so it is not surprising that you see a dependence on Vgd.

The simplest flicker model in bsim3v3 is NOIMOD=1 or =4, where the power spectral density is KF * |cdrain|**AF / (Cox*Leff*Leff*f**EF)

The more complicated NOIMOD=2 or 3 uses parameters NOIA, NOIB, NOIC, and also depends on cdrain.

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.