The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 5th, 2024, 8:45pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
plot phase noise in dBc (Read 2695 times)
darebunny

plot phase noise in dBc
Aug 11th, 2004, 10:40am

Hi,
I use command line to run pss & pnoise and awd to view the data & plot.

I can use the calculator to plot the phase noise output but I can't plot it in dBc. (In analog artist it's an option but the spice netlist is too big that I have to use command line.)

Could anyone tell me how to directly plot out phase noise in dBc/Hz?

Thanks a lot!

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: plot phase noise in dBc
Reply #1 - Aug 19th, 2004, 10:34am

Without trying it (and I don't have time right now to do the experiments), I'd solve this by using the Direct Plot form in ADE to plot the phase noise (on an example circuit), and then use the Add to Outputs button on the Direct Plot form. Then steal the calculator expression from the outputs pane.

You can probably then use a similar expression in your standalone awd session. Might need a bit of tweaking, but that's how I'd approach trying to figure it out.

Better still do the simulation from within the environment. It makes life easier, so why make life hard for yourself?

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.