The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 1st, 2024, 11:49pm
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Simulate Phase noise DLL (Read 963 times)
Nico67

Re: Simulate Phase noise DLL
Reply #30 - Sep 03rd, 2004, 6:21am

I simulate all my DLL

When I do the result PSS/ tdnoise /integ output noise/magnitude/Start 0 Stop f0/2 I obtain a point at 1.29m but not units.And I have dv/dt=10G that gives J=0.2ps and I think that J must be more important.

In  the reply 20, you indicates to choose total noise maybe it is this becausee i don't have option total noise

or maybe when i indicates the specific point in the pnoise

Thanks

View Profile   IP Logged
Frank Wiedmann
Community Fellow

Munich, Germany
Reply #31 - Sep 3rd, 2004, 6:46am

The unit is not shown but it is volts. You might want to double-check if you have specified all parameters of your simulation correctly (e.g. the timepoints for which you perform the tdnoise analysis). The Total Noise option might not exist in older versions (I am using 5.0.33), you will probably get the total noise by default in your version.

The value you get is the standard deviation of the Gaussian distribution. The peak value will be higher, depending on the probability with which it occurs. Like I said, in many cases there are other effects that generate larger amounts of jitter than the intrinsic device noise.

« Last Edit: Sep 6th, 2004, 5:09am by Frank Wiedmann »  
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Nico67

Reply #32 - Sep 3rd, 2004, 6:58am

Ok , Frank if you have time can you see this ( it is in french)
'
http://pastel.paristech.org/archive/00000619/01/Manuscript.pdf

in page 89 , he have a spectral density Sn = -135 dBc si he have 6,4ps

Very thanks

View Profile   IP Logged
Frank Wiedmann
Community Fellow

Munich, Germany
Reply #33 - Sep 3rd, 2004, 8:22am

The formula given there applies to a sine wave with stationary noise but not for the general case of an arbitrary periodic signal with cyclostationary noise.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.