The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 29th, 2024, 6:43pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Monte carlo analysis in spectre (Read 5087 times)
kayathi

Monte carlo analysis in spectre
Oct 18th, 2004, 11:53pm

I have done wafer level characterization for transistor mismatches. I want to put these numbers into spectre for circuit evaluation purposes.The problem is I am having hard time figuring out how to use monte carlo analysis in spectre. I have gone through the document on this in designer's guide, but still the procedure for doing this is a little obscure. THe documentation in spectre's user guide isn't that helpful.

Can somebody tell me where i can find a better documentation or a tutorial of some sort.

Thanks
Kayathi

View Profile   IP Logged
ywguo
Community Fellow

Shanghai, PRC
Re: Monte carlo analysis in spectre
Reply #1 - Oct 19th, 2004, 5:53am

Hi,

If you know anything about monte carlo analysis with model parameter distribution using SPICE, please put light on me, too. I always wonder how to analyze the offset voltage accurately using SPICE.  :)

Thanks
Yawei

View Profile   IP Logged
Andre

Reply #2 - Nov 15th, 2004, 4:34pm

This should be very straightforward. You might want to specify the output in the Analog Artist first (e.g. for a current mirror with a gain of 1 you can specify current_mismatch = Iout - Iin).
Then you open the MC tool and you should see your output right there. Specify the number of runs and the mismatch / process / both.
Then run the simulation.
The MC tools is only a wrapper around the artist simulation that you already specified. Spectre requires an initial run in Artist to get the mean values right. The deviation (process / mismatch) should be specified in the model files.
Run the simulation and look at the results (e.g. histogram for the current_mismatch).

Andre

IP Logged
kayathi

Reply #3 - Nov 16th, 2004, 3:31pm

Thanks Andre
The problem I have is specifing the deviation in the model files.
If you have a sample deviation file that would be a lot helpful.
Thanks
Kayathi

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Reply #4 - Nov 21st, 2004, 10:13pm

Did you read this:

http://www.designers.guide.com/Modeling/montecarlo.pdf

That would probably answer your questions.

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.