The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 18th, 2024, 11:58am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Spectre simulator and Analysis temparature (Read 1925 times)
mreja

Spectre simulator and Analysis temparature
Jan 30th, 2005, 1:38pm

Jan 30, 2005

Mr. Andrew,
Thank you very much for replaying my question in the subject line. For your better understanding, I like to mention that:
For example I am running simulation for a particular circuit at 27 oC (the analysis temparature in the analog environment window).  How, I will know that the actual circuit will work from 0 to 100 oC (ambient temparature). In this case, how I have to set the analysis temparature.

Would please tell me, How I will set up analysis temparature for the real world environment temparature ( 0 to 100 0C). What change I have to make in "temp" or "tnom" or other parameters.

Best regards
Mahbub Reja

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: Spectre simulator and Analysis temparature
Reply #1 - Jan 31st, 2005, 9:44pm

Mahbub,

Not sure why you sent me two messages as well as this, within a few minutes of each other. Anyway, as I said, you would not touch tnom. You'd set temp to a reasonable range - bearing in mind that temp is the device temperature rather than ambient temperature (it will probably be hotter at the device than in the surrounding air). Exactly the temperature range you choose will depend on the application and how much power the circuit is using, probably.

I'm not entirely certain I understand what you're asking.

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.