The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 2nd, 2024, 9:33pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
1394b PHY design (Read 3188 times)
raymond_luo2003

1394b PHY design
Mar 02nd, 2005, 9:18am

Hi, all,

I recently get a task for 1394b PHY design, it seems a huge and tough task for me since I will firstly define the architecture of that PHY, and will scratch the schematic by my hand from nothing. What I have is the 1394-1995, 1394a and 1394b standard. It seems there are no much available stuff for my architecture and design from website.

Does anyone have the experience on that PHY, any related documents and clues for that PHY definition and design will be great help for me.

Thanks in advance!
Raymond  

View Profile   IP Logged
Paul
Community Fellow

Switzerland
Re: 1394b PHY design
Reply #1 - Mar 3rd, 2005, 1:41pm

Hi Raymond,

maybe you could give some more information around the project to let people tell you what are the key points. Is this supposed to be an industrial design, a Ph.D. thesis, or what else? As far as I know (I don't know 1394 very well), there are both optical and electrical links. If this is correct, what type of link are you targeting. What technology are you targeting?

Good luck

Paul

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Vishwanath M

Re: 1394b PHY design
Reply #2 - Apr 4th, 2005, 1:54am

Hi,
Can I known like you are into Digital PHY or ANALOG PHY...
If u are into analog ... only mindshare will provide training on architecure.
Note:You can design 1394b using 1394a ie. 1394b Bilingual Phy has 1394a + Beta PHY.

Vishwanath M

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.