The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 3rd, 2024, 4:08am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How to convert the phase noise to jitter? (Read 1730 times)
zoujunjx

How to convert the phase noise to jitter?
Apr 06th, 2005, 6:06am

First of all, thanks a lot for what you have done for us. I am new for researching the PLL circuit.

About the paper "Predicting the phase noise of PLL-based frequency synthesizers ", I have still unclear questions.

Question 1

In the list3 a behavioral model of VCO, you use a flicker_noise function to describe the phase noise spectrum, how to get the value of jitter ? Which simulation we can make on the beahvioral model to get the phase noise spectrum, is it still PSS and Pnosie? and which simulation for the value of jitter?

Question 2

In veriloga model library on your web, I have seen another beavioral model for VCO with jitter. The jitter is as a parameter of the model, can be direcetly setup.
In my opinion, the jitter depends still on the offset frequency. so if we want to get a value of jitter, we need firstly determine which offset freqeuncy we concern.

Question 3

In the phase noise spectrum, the L(fm) can be seen as a piece-wise function of a offset frequency fm.
for example, form 1Hz to 100Hz, the slope is -30dBc/decade; form 100Hz to 1M, the slope is -20dBc/decade.
I want to know whether in each slope has the same value of jitter, which means there is a jitter (J1) vaule between 1Hz to 100Hz, and another vaule (J2) for the frequency between 100Hz to 1M.

Thanks for your help!!!

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.