The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 18th, 2024, 9:28am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
plot node waveform from assura ext layout (Read 3706 times)
CDR

plot node waveform from assura ext layout
Jun 30th, 2005, 12:36pm

Dear All,

I use Assura to extract the layout cell,and it is av_extracted.I am running postlayout simulation.How could plot node voltage waveform in the av_extracted layout?Could I click the net,and then the node can be plot in a waveform window?How about the current?

Thanks,

View Profile   IP Logged
rf-design

Reiner Franke

Germany
Re: plot node waveform from assura ext layout
Reply #1 - Jul 6th, 2005, 5:00am

Crossprobing is supported only on the corrosponding simulation view. So you have to click in the analog_extracted view. If you would click in the schematic view there is in the case of a RC extraction no direct corrospondence between schematic nodes and extracted nodes. So a single schematic node could have many extracted nodes. If you have parallel connected devices in layout the same ambiguity exist also for device currents. If you have only a C extraction node crossprobing should be possible. It is currently not implemented and if you want to have that node w/o the extracted view there is a corrospond list. So you can use that in a Skill script. I think there is an feature/improvement request in the pipe, but that is some releases ago. For currents in the extracted most often the devices ar too small. So possible zoom in and click on the device pins.

View Profile   IP Logged
CDR

Re: plot node waveform from assura ext layout
Reply #2 - Jul 6th, 2005, 4:30pm

Thank you,RFdesigner.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.