The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 19th, 2024, 7:00pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How to Generate & view 1/f noise using spectre (Read 3654 times)
sphere83

How to Generate & view 1/f noise using spectre
Sep 17th, 2005, 12:07am

Hi guys,

I'm new to analog circuit design and I wish to know how to generate and view the 1/f noise spectrum of a simple nMOS transistor using Cadence spectre.

Please help & thanks in advance.

Kindest regards,

Sphere  :)

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: How to Generate & view 1/f noise using spe
Reply #1 - Sep 19th, 2005, 8:42pm

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking here (it's a bit vague). In order to see 1/f noise, you need to have the appropriate parameters in your device models - exactly what those parameters are depends on the model type. Traditionally these were called af, ef, kf - but newer models have different parameters which can be used instead.

Apart from that it's a matter of doing a noise or sp analysis (or pnoise/psp, qpnoise/qpsp for periodic or quasi-periodic circuits) and looking at the results. Reading the manuals would probably help (Spectre user guide/reference guide and analog simulation help in cdsdoc).

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: How to Generate & view 1/f noise using spe
Reply #2 - Sep 19th, 2005, 8:43pm

Also, since you posted this in the behavioural models section, perhaps you're asking how to do this in a behavioural model language? If so, you can use the flicker_noise() function in Verilog-A. But I suspect you just posted the question in the wrong place?

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.