The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 29th, 2024, 8:32am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
charge pump in veriloA (Read 4204 times)
Monia

charge pump in veriloA
Sep 29th, 2005, 8:08am

I have some problems to model an output current in verilogA expecialy when I have to define an output voltage and a current value associated as in case of a charge pump.

Any suggestions

Monia

IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: charge pump in verilogA
Reply #1 - Sep 29th, 2005, 10:16am

My suggestion would be that you give sufficient details for someone to have a clue what your problem might be!

Perhaps you could post your model, for example - even if it doesn't work. Together with a detailed description of what you want it to do.

Your question is so open ended, it would be impossible (I'd have thought) to answer it.

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
jbdavid
Community Fellow

Silicon Valley
Re: charge pump in veriloA
Reply #2 - Oct 2nd, 2005, 5:55pm

Monia.. most of us model the output of the chargepump as a current.. (possibly as a Voltage dependent Current) --
The VOLTAGE on the charge pump output is taken care of by the Loop filter input capacitance and the circuit simulator..
As with ALL circuit simulation tools, you can only specify one or the other.. Voltage or current..
If you want the output voltage to vary with Iout, then you include an output resistance in your model..
(Thevenin Eq. Model)
If you want the output current to vary with Vout, then you include an output resistance in parallel to the output current.. (Norton Eq. model.)
Hope this helps.
jbd

jbdavid
Mixed Signal Design Verification
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.