The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 11th, 2024, 3:09pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
bootstrapped clocks and sampling jitter (Read 2479 times)
vivkr
Community Fellow

bootstrapped clocks and sampling jitter
Nov 05th, 2005, 2:04am

Hi,

I would like to know if the use of a clock bootstrapping circuit offers potential for increased sampling jitter in a high-speed, high-resolution S&H.

Are there significant sources of sampling jitter in the on-chip circuitry used for the bootstrapping? I am looking at the architectures described by Abo et. al (JSSC, May '99), and Kaiser and Dessouky (JSSC, Mar. '01).

I don't see any information about the jitter introduced by on-chip clock generation and clock buffering circuitry, and I assume that for the normal cases (non-boosting, non-bootstrapping), the jitter from the signal generator is dominant. Is the same true for bootstrapped clocks? Are there any special design guidelines to be followed?

Regards
Vivek

View Profile   IP Logged
ywguo
Community Fellow

Shanghai, PRC
Re: bootstrapped clocks and sampling jitter
Reply #1 - Nov 10th, 2005, 8:13pm

Hello, Vivkr,

I think you are right. The dominant jitter source is the signal generator. And the non-overlapping clock generator may be a major jitter source, too. Normally the bootstrapped circuitry is small and a minor jitter source. Smiley

Best regards,
Yawei

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.