The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 18th, 2024, 11:46pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How to analyze each leakage current using HSPICE (Read 4033 times)
ipierre

South Korea
How to analyze each leakage current using HSPICE
Dec 28th, 2005, 11:51pm

How to analyze each leakage current(in MOSFET) using HSPICE?

For example,  

.print i1(nmos)        <- I(drain)
.print lx5(nmos)      <- I(souce-bulk)

But, I don't know how to simulate each leakage current as below,

sub-threshold leakage,
Source/Drain Junction Band-to-Band Tunneling leakage,
gate-leakage,
gate-induced drain leakage.

please let me know...

Thanks in advance.

iPierre.

« Last Edit: Dec 29th, 2005, 6:07pm by ipierre »  
View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Re: How to analyze each leakage current using HSPI
Reply #1 - Jan 3rd, 2006, 5:43am

In general, commercial simulators don't allow you to break out the different components of the current. That is, the drain current includes gate-induced drain leakage and the (negative of the)  body-drain diode current including the band-to-band tunneling. If you use Berkeley Spice, you can modify the source code to print out the values of the different components that are amalgamated.

For some items, the HSpice element templates do allow you to print the values. For example, I see that "LX70" is "igidlo", the gate-induced drain leakage for level=54 (BSIM4).  I think the format for these is:

Code:
.print nmos:LX70 

or
Code:
.print nmos:igidlo 

But you have to look carefully at the mosfet level to see what is supported.  (Eg, LX47 is IGIDL for levels 57,58,59, but is described as "GIDL current Meyer and Charge Conservation" which is probably not what you wanted.)

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.