The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 17th, 2024, 11:39pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Phase error of I/Q signals (Read 2958 times)
shortckt

Washington
Phase error of I/Q signals
Apr 06th, 2006, 11:33am

Hello,

I am simulating quadrature VCO and wanted to know how one can calculate phase mismatch or exact phase difference of I/Q signals using Spectre calculator. Also, does anyone know settings of Monte Carlo in spectre for observing phase mismatch between two signals due to component mismatch.

Thanks.

View Profile   IP Logged
ACWWong
Community Fellow

Oxford, UK
Re: Phase error of I/Q signals
Reply #1 - Apr 7th, 2006, 7:42am

I have previously used pss analysis of spectreRF to do this. When you plot the results with the main form, you can select it to give you the phase of any net at the vco frequency (and harminoics). using the "add to outputs" it is possible to put this into a calculator function to give the phase of any net at the value of the fundamental frequnecy.
I did this so that I could get a difference expression (of the diffential IQ nets) loaded into the monte-carlo outputs form to get the IQ mismatch.

View Profile   IP Logged
shortckt

Washington
Re: Phase error of I/Q signals
Reply #2 - Apr 7th, 2006, 10:02am

Hi,

Thanks alot. The method worked for me and it surely is better and less painful than using cross from calculator and converting time delay into phase shift.

Thanks again  :)

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.