The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 5th, 2024, 11:33am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Calibre XRC capitalizes pin names? (Read 3205 times)
David Sobel

Univ of California--Berkeley
Calibre XRC capitalizes pin names?
Apr 12th, 2006, 1:20pm

Hi,

I'm using Calibre XRC to generate post-extraction calibre views for simulation in Artist. The output of the extraction looks correct, except that it's having trouble matching the extracted layout pins to my symbols.

In particular, Calibre XRC is putting my symbol names into ALLCAPS, so that the resultant extracted calibre view doesn't correctly match my pre-existing symbol. For instance, if my symbol pins are "in" "out" "avdd" and "avss" (in my symbol, schematic, and layout), the pins created in the calibre view are "IN" "OUT" "AVDD" and "AVSS".  This creates all sorts of problems in subsequent sims.

Is there any flag I can use to prevent this from happening?  Might there be some flag in my xrc rulefile (provided by an outside vendor) that I need to disable?

As a side note, I create my pins in layout by adding a text label with the PN purpose. I do NOT use ctrl-P to create an actual pin blob. I do not know if this is a cause of the problem.

Thanks!!
David

View Profile dasobel   IP Logged
Paul
Community Fellow

Switzerland
Re: Calibre XRC capitalizes pin names?
Reply #1 - Apr 12th, 2006, 2:03pm

David,

I'm not sure, maybe the "LVS CASE" statement may help, by default it is set to NO. Notice that it may influence other things like device comparison etc during LVS...

The way you have to add the pin information depends on the extraction rules in your design kit, so it is not possible for an outside person to tell you whether this is correct or not. I would assume that, as they appear correctly in your extracted file, your procedure is correct.

Paul

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.