The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 28th, 2024, 2:05pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
problems with the AMS Designer/Analog primitives (Read 3927 times)
MokoKoya

problems with the AMS Designer/Analog primitives
Jul 14th, 2006, 1:52am

Hi everybody.

I have successfully run a simulation of a boost converter using the ADE. It contains a diode (from the analogLib)that I attach a model file to. And I include this model file in the model library setup.

However, when I try to run the same simulation using the AMS Designer from the ADE, I get elaboration errors due to the diodes. They are set up identically as before, I have the analogLib in my hierachy editors lib list, I also have the diode as a symbol view.

The error message says that the analog primitives "dio" and "gr"  are not found in analog primitive tables.

Can any body help me with this error and explain why the ADE on its own runs, where as the AMS designer has problems??

Thank you,
Andy

View Profile   IP Logged
Pinhead

Germany
Re: problems with the AMS Designer/Analog primitiv
Reply #1 - Jul 19th, 2006, 5:27am

Don't forget!

AMS Designer = Problems ...   Grin

Gravity is a myth, earth sucks!
View Profile   IP Logged
Mighty Mouse
Community Member

Here I come to save
the day!

Fantasyland
Reply #2 - Jul 19th, 2006, 3:45pm

Actually I have found AMS Designer to be quite a good product once it is configured properly.

- MM -

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Reply #3 - Jul 20th, 2006, 2:05pm

I know I'm biased, but AMS Designer is generally pretty easy to use - provided you have some knowledge how to handle the additional things needed for mixed-signal simulation.

Which version is being used here? It sounds as if the models are not being picked up, or you're using a very old version of the simulator (when you used to have to run genalgprim to build the analog primitive tables).

Regards,

Andre.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.