The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 28th, 2024, 11:02pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
R and C per length values for 65nm technology. (Read 3868 times)
pkd

India
R and C per length values for 65nm technology.
May 26th, 2007, 10:04am

Hi !
I require the R and C values per unit length for the 65 nm technology and the references for that.At present I am using the predictive models and that's why I want to take into account the layout parasitics by adding some extra Rs and Cs in my schematics.Please help me in that.
Thanks,
Pratap.

View Profile   IP Logged
didac

There's a million
ways to see the
things in life

manresa,spain
Re: R and C per length values for 65nm technology.
Reply #1 - May 26th, 2007, 10:20am

Hi,
R per unit length can be found in your foundry documentation. C's depends on how its drawn the layout so its difficult to give you an estimation. One method I used is to drawn a couple of parallel tracks on the same metal and different combination of metals(5 and 4,6 and 5 and so on...) and do a parasitic extraction so I can get a magnitude order(I usually put them at minimum distance as a worst case).
Good luck with your design.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
pkd

India
Re: R and C per length values for 65nm technology.
Reply #2 - May 26th, 2007, 11:03am

As I told I don't have the foundry model.I only have predictive model.Hence I don't have any layout file also. Embarrassed
Hence if I will have an estimate of Resistance per unit length and capacitance per unit length then I can have a guess of my total parasitics.
Thanks,
pratap

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.