The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Aug 16th, 2024, 3:17am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Quadrature in-Differential out upconversion mixer (Read 1923 times)
wccheng

Quadrature in-Differential out upconversion mixer
Jun 11th, 2007, 7:16am

Dear all,

I have a quadrature input - differential output up-conversion mixer. I don't know the simulation setup. Could anyone teach me? From the Cadence manual, it uses a balun at the input port. So, the Port connects to the balun and gives out the differential input of the mixer. Now, my one is quadrature input. How could I do it?

Moreover, my mixer is up-conversion from DC to 1GHz. I could not use DC to do the simulation, Right? Is I use near DC frequency, for example 10MHz, for the simulation?

Thanks

wccheng

View Profile   IP Logged
ACWWong
Community Fellow

Oxford, UK
Re: Quadrature in-Differential out upconversion mi
Reply #1 - Jun 11th, 2007, 9:27am

You can get quadrature by declaring the relevant phase in the port. For large signal simulation (transient or pss) you can set initial phase for sinusoid. (For small signal analysis you can set ac phase or pac phase, for large signal you can set inital phase.... probably less relevant for you)

You are correct that DC simulation is not going to allow you to do an accurate simulation. You would need to run transient or spectreRF (pss etc.) analysis. I suggest you get some training on the tools.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.