The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 21st, 2024, 10:39am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
AMS simulation of digital testbench in ADE (Read 2495 times)
Matt VD

AMS simulation of digital testbench in ADE
Aug 17th, 2007, 12:20pm

I would like to simulate a top-level digital testbench within Cadence ADE (that instantiates behavioural blocks for analog OR instantiates analog blocks).  

When I open ADE, and try to select the config view for the behavioural view, I get the following error.
*WARNING* dbOpenCellViewByType: Failed to open cellView (temp2 behavioral) from lib (my_lib) in 'r' mode because cellview does not exist.
*Error* Could not open ( my_lib temp2 behavioral ) in "r" mode.

The only workaround that I know of is to create an empty symbol for the behavioral testbench, and then instantiate this in a schematic.  However, this is not ideal.

Any suggestions?  Am I missing something obvious?  Or should this be a PCR?

View Profile   IP Logged
Daniel Liu

Re: AMS simulation of digital testbench in ADE
Reply #1 - Aug 20th, 2007, 1:43pm

Hi,

The text-on-top has been supported in ADE since IC5141USR5. Not sure which version you are using. You may need to move to the latest IC5141 ISR if you are not using it.

There is a tutorial showing how text-on-top works with ADE, which installed in $CDSHOME/tools/dfII/samples/AMS/textOnTop.

Good luck!
Daniel

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.