The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 2nd, 2024, 10:36am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Q on Current Mirror from Razavi & Gray and Meyer (Read 2508 times)
nuky8181

Q on Current Mirror from Razavi & Gray and Meyer
Aug 22nd, 2007, 6:11am

Hi there,

Just started to pick up on knowledge on IC design and having problem understand the books. Hope someone can explain to a noob like me.

Q1) In Razavi book, pg 144, figure 5.13, it show a modification of a cascode mirror which is modified from a Cascode Mirror topology. could some one explain to me how it is being done? I have tried and come up with the following method. Is it correct?

Q2) From razavi book, left pic, it is the same circuit as the one in Gray and Meyer, on the right, right?

View Profile   IP Logged
aaron_do
Senior Fellow

Re: Q on Current Mirror from Razavi & Gray and Mey
Reply #1 - Aug 24th, 2007, 8:07pm

Hi,

i don't have the book handy but for Q1, the red line is not correct (I assume that's a connection?). Looks like the circuit on the right should replace the circuit in the blue dotted line...for Q2 yes you're right except M6 is assumed to be a current reference.

Aaron

there is no energy in matter other than that received from the environment - Nikola Tesla
View Profile   IP Logged
dgsenthilkumar

India
Re: Q on Current Mirror from Razavi & Gray and Mey
Reply #2 - Sep 6th, 2007, 4:01am

Ya aaron_da is correct. For Q1, the right-side circuit is not equivalent of left circuit. The right-side circuit is equivalent to the circuit in the blue line.

View Profile dgsenthilkumar dgsenthilkumar 2876 Senthil Senthil   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.