The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Aug 17th, 2024, 4:13am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
question about the analog comparator (Read 2212 times)
James Bond
Community Member

question about the analog comparator
Aug 28th, 2007, 1:20pm

Hi, all

I am trying to build an anolog comparator in 0.35um process.  I suppose that this comparator can operate at high frequency, for example, a 100MHz triangle wave form and 30MHz sinusoid signal at the input. But the result seems that the comparator in 0.35um process is not that sensitive at this frequency, can anybody have done this before ? Please give some suggestions about how to build this comparator? Thank you very much.

James

aa.jpg
View Profile   IP Logged
carlgrace

Berkeley, CA
Re: question about the analog comparator
Reply #1 - Aug 30th, 2007, 1:02pm

You can design a really fast comparator in 0.35 um.  The fastest would be a cross coupled latch, if you can accept the large offset voltage.  Otherwise use a latch with a linear, low gain amplifier in it.  See the Razavi book on data converters for ideas.  Also check out the JSSC.

View Profile   IP Logged
James Bond
Community Member

Re: question about the analog comparator
Reply #2 - Aug 31st, 2007, 2:22am

Hi, carlgrace,

I think the cross coupled latch circuit they all need a clock signal, which is not the case in my circuit.

I checked the Razavi book, which chapter do you mean 'data converters'?

Thank you very much.

James

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.