The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Aug 16th, 2024, 7:13pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
MOSIS ring oscillator test structure (Read 3375 times)
jeremy

MOSIS ring oscillator test structure
Oct 26th, 2007, 8:38am

I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but here goes:  MOSIS has pages like this one (http://www.mosis.com/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/umosis/swp/params/tsmc-018/t77a_mm_non_epi_...) for the process they work with, and there is a section containing ring oscillator power and frequency measurements.   Does anyone know what test structure they use to come up with these numbers?  When I try to duplicate the measurements in simulation with a ring oscillator of minimum-sized inverters (Wn=Wmin; Wp=2*Wmin), I come up with about 4x less power and about 40% higher frequency than they do.  

The lines I'm talking about look like this:
 DIV1024 (31-stg,1.8V)                 0.02  uW/MHz/gate
which made me think maybe DIV1024 is a standard structure, but I haven't been able to find anything on it.

Thanks,
Jeremy

View Profile   IP Logged
Frank Wiedmann
Community Fellow

Munich, Germany
Re: MOSIS ring oscillator test structure
Reply #1 - Oct 27th, 2007, 1:23pm

You might get closer to the measured results if you include realistic wiring capacitances in your simulation.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
krishnap
Community Member

Re: MOSIS ring oscillator test structure
Reply #2 - Nov 28th, 2007, 3:15am

I think this is the divide by 10 structure where input clock is devided by 1024 after 10 stages.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.