The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 12th, 2024, 5:32pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
modeling sdm using verilog-A (Read 5196 times)
min

modeling sdm using verilog-A
Jan 08th, 2008, 9:36pm

Hi :
I have being modeling a 2nd DT sdm using verilog-A. I have model the diff-ota with verilog-A, and I use ideal switch in analogLib.
the diff-ota verilog-A model ac and tran simulation result is right.
but when I put these model in sdm , the simulator accuracy setting is conservative , when simulation the simulator will have convergence error, and I could't get the result.
when I change the simulator accuracy setting to moderate, the simulator will have no error, and I will get the result. but the result has more harmonics.
Is my diff-ota modeling has problem , or  modeling the switch cap filter has some special requirement to the ota verilog a modeling?

Min

View Profile   IP Logged
sheldon
Community Fellow

Re: modeling sdm using verilog-A
Reply #1 - Jan 9th, 2008, 4:49am

Min,

I have built second-order Sigma-Delta Modulators using Verilog-A. One suggestion
you might want to try is using the switch model in bmslib, sw_no. The transfer function
is smooth and continuous and has very good convergence. using it should allow you
to use the more accurate error preset.

Best Regards,

Sheldon

View Profile   IP Logged
Ken Kundert
Global Moderator

Silicon Valley
Re: modeling sdm using verilog-A
Reply #2 - Jan 9th, 2008, 11:04am

Do you need to model the switch as a separate entity? I have had great success combining the amplifiers and switches into one behavioral model.

-Ken

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.