The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 17th, 2024, 9:38am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
model for DC mismatch simulation (Read 4757 times)
Rad_31

model for DC mismatch simulation
Feb 05th, 2008, 10:57pm

I have used the nmos2v_mis model and section 'tt' in cadence spectre for performing dc mismatch simulation of a simple current mirror , however i am getting  0 % variance for all parameters.how do i include the dc mismatch parameters to get the correct results.

View Profile   IP Logged
Marq Kole

Hmmm. That's
weird...

Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Re: model for DC mismatch simulation
Reply #1 - Mar 19th, 2008, 1:41pm

Hi Rad,

It is difficult to put together an answer for the amount of missing information. I assume that this model is taken from a foundry PDK like TSMC or UMC. In that case you should also look for a section named "stat" or "mc" and include that as well. Most of these PDKs have a stack of interdependent sections hat you need to include to get all the information in your simulator needed to run monte carlo or mismatch simulations.

In the end it all depends on the company that put together the PDK.

Cheers,
Marq

View Profile   IP Logged
Riad KACED
Community Member

Swindon, UK
Re: model for DC mismatch simulation
Reply #2 - Sep 20th, 2008, 4:43pm

Dear Marq and Rad,

dcmismatch simulation parameters have nothing to do with the mismatch data meant for MC statistical analysis. These are 2 things different altogether. There is a thread in the Cadence's sourcelink where the difference between DCmismatch and MC statistical mismatch is detailed. Can't remember the SR number off the to of my head. A little search would spot it out.

The dcmismatch data is often available within the TYP corners.
For BSIM3V3 MOSFETS, Spectre does support the following parameters for dcmismatch : (spectre -h bsim3v3)

;
DC-mismatch dependent parameters:
279     mvtwl=0.0 v*m     Threshold mismatch area dependence.
280     mvtwl2=0.0 v*m^1.5 Threshold mismatch area square dependence.
281     mvt0=0.0 V        Threshold mismatch intercept.
282     mbewl=0.0 m       Beta mismatch area dependence.
283     mbe0=0.0          Beta mismatch intercept.
284     mismatchmod=0     select Mismatch mode.
285     mismatchdist=0 m  Mismatch Distance.
;

One can then grep one of the above parameters in the model file to check whether the data is there or not.

There are ways of extracting these parameters otherwise, a bit tricky but still possible in some cases ...

Cheers  ;)
Riad.

Riad KACED
PDK, EDA Support Engineer.
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.