The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 27th, 2024, 11:04pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Can not match pnoise/jitter results (Read 3424 times)
jimmy
Community Member

Can not match pnoise/jitter results
Apr 02nd, 2008, 10:39am

Hi,

Ken mentioned in  http://www.designers-guide.org/Forum/YaBB.pl?num=1036525104/0,

that what we got by clicking "pnoise" button when using "noisetype=source" for driven circuit is actually not phase noise but L = Sv(df)/(2*V1^2), Sv(df) is the voltage noise power density. Now I am confused how can I get phase noise in such case. Basically what I am trying to do is to compare the phase noise/jitter simulation results between different noise type settings (modulated, source, jitter, time domain). For modulated and source noise types, I should be able to get phase noise, then I can convert it to jitter; For jitter and timedomain noise types, I should be able to get jitter then convert to phase noise. Either way, the numbers I get should be the same (or very close), right?

Thanks a lot,

View Profile   IP Logged
rfmems

Re: Can not match pnoise/jitter results
Reply #1 - Apr 26th, 2008, 2:09am

there is no accurate formula to convert phase noise to jitter, not to mention from jitter to phase noise. So how did you do the conversion?

View Profile   IP Logged
Miconos

Re: Can not match pnoise/jitter results
Reply #2 - Jun 29th, 2008, 12:29am

Jitter can be translated to integrated phase noise and vice versa. is that what you are looking for

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.