The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 1st, 2024, 2:46pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Transiant Noise analysis ? (Read 4193 times)
XY-oriented

Transiant Noise analysis ?
May 01st, 2008, 4:58am

Hi every one...
dose any body know if spectre handle Transiant Noise analysis ? and how ?
pnoise analysis is of no help for me because I want to measure accumulated jitter ...

thanks for your help !

View Profile   IP Logged
ACWWong
Community Fellow

Oxford, UK
Re: Transiant Noise analysis ?
Reply #1 - May 1st, 2008, 7:03am

Spectre does have transient noise.
For periodic circuits pnoise can still be used to predict accumulated jitter.
Have you see the analysis section of this website ?
try http://www.designers-guide.org/Analysis/PLLnoise+jitter.pdf

View Profile   IP Logged
XY-oriented

Reply #2 - May 2nd, 2008, 8:30am

thanks for your replay ACWWong !
I know very well the pnoise analysis and Ken papers on that.... it just does not applay for my case.

I searched spectre docs and didn't found anything about transient noise analysis...I guess I don't have the right version

View Profile   IP Logged
pancho_hideboo
Senior Fellow

Real Homeless
Reply #3 - May 2nd, 2008, 8:39am

In Cadence Spectre, Transient Noise Analysis and Time Domain Noise Analysis exist.

Time Domain Noise Analysis is unique feature of SpectreRF(PSS/Pnoise).
http://www.designers-guide.org/Forum/YaBB.pl?num=1207830622/4#4

On the other hand, almost all simulator have transient noise analysis, e.g. ADS, Eldo, Spectre.

Do you intend a transient noise analysis or a time domain noise analysis ?

New Features in the MMSIM6.0 Release
Transient Noise
Transient noise provides the benefit of examining the effects of large signal noise on many
types of systems. It gives you the opportunity to examine the impact of noise in the time
domain on various circuit types without requiring access to the SpectreRF analyses. This
capability is an extension to the current transient analysis, and is accompanied by
enhancements to several calculator functions, allowing you to calculate multiple occurrences
of measurements such as risetime and overshoot. Spectre provides both a single run and
multiple run method of simulating transient noise. The single run method, which involves a
single transient run over several cycles of operation, is best suited for applications where
undesirable start-up behavior is present. The multiple run method, which involves a statistical
sweep of several iterations over a single period, is recommended for users who are able to
take advantage of distributed processing.
For more information, see Calculating Transient Noise in Chapter 6 of the Spectre Circuit
Simulator User Guide.

« Last Edit: May 3rd, 2008, 5:58am by pancho_hideboo »  
View Profile WWW Top+Secret Top+Secret   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.