The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 17th, 2024, 9:07am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The cdd parameter in BSIM3v3 model (Read 2490 times)
ywguo
Community Fellow

Shanghai, PRC
The cdd parameter in BSIM3v3 model
Nov 20th, 2008, 2:20am

Hi Guys,

The parameter cdd is defined as dQd_dVd (Intrinsic part of Cdd) (alias=lx33). Now I want to measure the parasitic capacitance at the drain of one MOS transistor. The simulation bench is shown in this post. A voltage source is applied to the drain of one NMOS transistor. A DC analysis is run. The parameter cdd is about 29 fF in the printed DC operating points of that NMOS. An AC analysis is run, too. Then I calculate the total parasitic capacitance at the drain based on the small signal impedance. The result is about 58 fF. The detailed formula is I(V0)/V(V0)=omega * Cd. What's wrong with my analysis?

Thank you in advance
Yawei

par_cap_at_MOS_drain.jpg
View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Re: The cdd parameter in BSIM3v3 model
Reply #1 - Nov 20th, 2008, 10:12am

Cdd I think only includes the channel capacitance -- no diode/depletion cap from B-D junction and no overlap capacitance.

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.