The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 3rd, 2024, 7:51pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
QPSS taking very long time to converge (Read 68 times)
Sandeep Mallya

QPSS taking very long time to converge
Mar 25th, 2009, 2:43pm

Hi.

I am simulating I/Q mixer using QPSS. QPSS is going through many stabilisation iterations (about 60) with conversion norm changing very little between these iterations. Once Newton iterations start, QPSS converges with 2 iterations.

But, due to the large number of stabilisation iterations, QPSS takes a very long time to complete. Can anyone point out why QPSS could be going through so many stabilisation iterations?

View Profile   IP Logged
Murat H. Eskiyerli
Ex Member

Re: QPSS taking very long time to converge
Reply #1 - Mar 26th, 2009, 4:00am

Could you try using flexible balance with setting the oversampling ratio to higher than 1, maybe 3. If your mixer has a feedback loop, it might slow down QPSS type simulations quite a lot, I found.

IP Logged
Sandeep Mallya

Re: QPSS taking very long time to converge
Reply #2 - Mar 26th, 2009, 4:10am

Hi Murat,

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried using flexible balance. But I don't get reliable results. This may be because my mixer is too non-linear for flexible balance to give good results.

Today I tried setting the stabcycles parameter. With this I was able to limit the number of stabilisation cycles and reduce the total simulation time for QPSS.

with regards,
Sandeep

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.