The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 19th, 2024, 12:38am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
about  PFD, plz (Read 2037 times)
taotaohai

about  PFD, plz
Jun 17th, 2009, 1:50am

I design a fractional-N pll,boss said that the lock time should be control in 20us,but see from the simulation,the result is not fine.the plot shown have some problems,but my topic focus on the PFD circuit.
My PFD is the conventional 2 dff+feedback,I think that this type PFD only can discriminate phase in a word ,many book describe it can discriminate frequency,but its principle is still begin from phase.
Now my wish voltage is 1v,the simulation show that the ref and feedback signal is almost  reversed(means these two signal' frequency are same but phase diff pi@that time)near 1V,but the voltage is still up!because the PFD see it as phase difference,so I wonder is there any way could help me realize frequency discriminate at my 1V? If done,the system could lock fast........
Thank you

View Profile taotaohai   IP Logged
raja.cedt
Senior Fellow

Germany
Re: about  PFD, plz
Reply #1 - Jun 17th, 2009, 3:06am

hi,
  the pfd what you have shown will discriminate frequency but it operates based on phase detection (basically it counts no of leading edges passing through, so if ref signal frequency is more means more no of edges will come and up will be high)...In your waveforms whats that under damped waveform? i guess it is control node voltage..

thanks,
rajasekhar.

View Profile WWW raja.sekhar86   IP Logged
taotaohai

Re: about  PFD, plz
Reply #2 - Jun 17th, 2009, 4:13am

[quote author=raja.cedt link=1245228641/0#1 date=1245233216]hi,
  In your waveforms whats that under damped waveform? i guess it is control node voltage..

Hi,3Q first!
 Do you mean my damp is very small,so the wave is oscillating? YES,maybe my damp is not so large enough,but if my PFD could detect the frequency immediately,then the wave should be small ,and the lock time alse shorts, is that right?

View Profile taotaohai   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.