The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Aug 17th, 2024, 6:09am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Help needed on analog design issue (Read 2670 times)
limmo

Help needed on analog design issue
Jun 22nd, 2009, 11:03pm

I am new to analog design. Currently doing a design project base on the circuit attached below, with all the spects included.

1) The problem now is that I do not have the skew rate given, so how to determine it?

2)I found this two design formula, Vic(max)= Vdd - Vgs3 + VT1
                                                 Vic(min)= -Vdd + Vgs1 +Vds13

How do I know what is my Vic(max) and Vic(min)??? As I do not know how to determine Vgs3 and Vds13 as well.

View Profile   IP Logged
raja.cedt
Senior Fellow

Germany
Re: Help needed on analog design issue
Reply #1 - Jun 23rd, 2009, 1:18am

hi,
   start your design with some fixed vov and vdsat (typically they will be 50mv,150mv), based on this values you allocate vds of every transistor. From the given BW spec find how much gm you want and with this gm find how much gds you want for the differential gain....So with the above design strategy you will some slew rate, from your spec i don't see any requirement to find slew rate here...

Thanks,
Rajasekhar.

View Profile WWW raja.sekhar86   IP Logged
limmo

Reply #2 - Jun 23rd, 2009, 3:02am

I am still not too sure how to assume the required values though having read some analog design related example. Can kindly provide me with more guidelines. Thank you

View Profile   IP Logged
raja.cedt
Senior Fellow

Germany
Reply #3 - Jun 23rd, 2009, 4:34am

hi,
   you can use razaavi as reference (see example 9.5), for voltage distribution before going to design you should think how much dc operating point at every node?your total supply is 1.8 and may be you can drop 400m at the tail node and 700m at each differential pair and pmos load such that 900m is the output dc voltage...again all these are depends on your process.

Thanks,
rajasekhar.

View Profile WWW raja.sekhar86   IP Logged
salty

Austin, Tx
Reply #4 - Jun 24th, 2009, 10:11am

Try this page, there is a good tutorial for opamp design.

http://www.zen118213.zen.co.uk/RFIC_Circuits_Page.htm

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.