The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 18th, 2024, 5:40am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
calibre parasitic extraction (Read 1812 times)
aaron_do
Senior Fellow

calibre parasitic extraction
Aug 12th, 2010, 12:25am

Hi all,

I'm looking into the design of a 60 GHz LNA/Mixer for a receiver, and I would like to know how good calibre PEX is. I mainly want to know up what frequency I can use the PEX and how accurate it will be. Also, should I be using RCC extraction in this case?

The PDK I am using includes inductor and transmission line models which are valid up to 40 GHz. It also includes EM models for ADS momentum. Any idea up to what frequency the ADS momentum models can be trusted up to?

Another thing, I read a paper a while ago where the interconnect info was put into an EM simulator and used to create a model for the interconnect. This model was then included around a BSIM core model to model a device. However, from the paper, i was not convinced that the results were really better than those directly extracted from PEX. Which one should I trust?

Anyway I think this area is a little new at the moment so really any kind of discussion or experience would be helpful.

thanks,
Aaron

there is no energy in matter other than that received from the environment - Nikola Tesla
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.