The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 19th, 2024, 2:47am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Trouble writing VerilogA model for a circuit block with vdd! input pin (Read 2915 times)
SJ

Trouble writing VerilogA model for a circuit block with vdd! input pin
May 24th, 2011, 7:00pm

I am trying to write VerilogA behavioral models for some sub-blocks/sub circuits in our existing IC designs. One of the sub blocks has a pin vdd!. When I generate a veriloga module template using the VerilogA editor, the port appears in the port declarations and pin names as \vdd!. On my top level test schematic, I have a 3.3V supply connected that acts as vdd!. In the config view, when I set up the view to use as schematic, there is no problem and the circuit simulates fine. However when I change the view to VerilogA there is a netlister error.

ERROR: Netlister : terminal 'vdd!' of instance 'I4', in cell 'ClkGenerator', view 'schematic' : cannot be found in the switched master of the instance.

Anyone have any ideas on how to make this work?

View Profile   IP Logged
boe
Community Fellow

Re: Trouble writing VerilogA model for a circuit block with vdd! input pin
Reply #1 - May 27th, 2011, 10:10am

SJ,

rename the pin in the schematic.

B O E

PS: Do you know where this name comes from? And which tools do you use?

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.