The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 19th, 2024, 1:33am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Variable phase shift model (Read 4807 times)
dfot

Greece
Variable phase shift model
Mar 22nd, 2012, 2:18am

I am interested on creating with Verilog-A a variable phase shift model for a sinusoidal input signal and I have tryed a lot of methods. I did use $absdelay, but it needs a constant delay time in order to use it. I did try also the transition operator, but it also could not provide variable phase shift. I did try to use both of the above into if or for loops, but Spectre says that these operators are not allowed to be used into a  conditionally executed statement.

Is there anyone who has any idea how I could implement a linear variable phase shift model?

View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Re: Variable phase shift model
Reply #1 - Mar 26th, 2012, 10:45am

If you provide a 3rd argument maxdelay to the $absdelay operator, you should be able to have the actual delay vary between 0 and maxdelay.

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
dfot

Greece
Reply #2 - Mar 27th, 2012, 12:02am

The point is that when absdelay is used into an analog statement, its delay value is not allowed to change during simulation time (any changes in fact are ignored by simulator). I am aware of the maxdelay functionality, but unfortunatelly it can not operate in the way that I would like. I think that transition operator would work, since there's no problem with it changing its delay value inside an analog statement and during simulation time, but I can not figure out the way that I can create a linear change of the delay value inside the transition operator.

View Profile   IP Logged
boe
Community Fellow

Reply #3 - Mar 28th, 2012, 11:22am

dfot,
as Geoffrey pointed out, adsdelay should work. If it doesn't you should be more specific and provide all relevant details, including which simulator (and which version) you use.
I think the transition filter is not what you want here - it is meant for discrete-time inputs.
- B O E

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.