The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 17th, 2024, 7:30am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Jitter Simulation of Frequency Divider (Read 4586 times)
Annie

Jitter Simulation of Frequency Divider
Jul 09th, 2012, 11:59pm

Hi!
Can anyone offer any help regarding PSS/Pnoise simulation of Frequency Divider in Spectre?I am interested in the Jitter Performance of the design.
Thanks in anticipation.

Regards,
Annie

View Profile   IP Logged
Frank Wiedmann
Community Fellow

Munich, Germany
Re: Jitter Simulation of Frequency Divider
Reply #1 - Jul 10th, 2012, 2:16am

I suggest you start by reading the thread at http://www.designers-guide.org/Forum/YaBB.pl?num=1224609785 (all three pages), including the links given there.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Annie

Reply #2 - Aug 15th, 2012, 4:40am

Thanks a lot for the relevant help Frank. Just a little doubt regarding what are the sources considered in PNoise jitter analysis(only random or random+deterministic?).And how much accuracy can I expect if I calculate jitter using EyeDiagram function in Cadence Calculator?

View Profile   IP Logged
Frank Wiedmann
Community Fellow

Munich, Germany
Reply #3 - Aug 16th, 2012, 1:31am

PNoise jitter analysis is a type of noise analysis and so only considers random noise sources. I don't have experience with the EyeDiagram function but the accuracy of a jitter measurement in the eye diagram will proabably also depend on the accuracy settings (conservative/moderate/liberal) of the transient simulation.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.