The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 6th, 2024, 4:42am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
getting problem during simulation of sc integrator (Read 3512 times)
sourav

getting problem during simulation of sc integrator
Nov 01st, 2012, 2:28am

Hi
I am getting unexpected output while simulating a SC integrator using a verilog-a model of opamp. I have tested a SC inverting gain stage and got desirable output Smiley. For that circuit I have discharged the feedback capacitor in each clock pulse.
But for integrator circuit we need to keep the charge of feedback capacitor. When I am doing  not discharging the feedback capacitor I am getting  :-/unexpected output(like in KV range as I am not using opamp saturation condition).

I think this is probably due to no feedback at DC. Can anyone suggest anything about the circuit Cry.

Thank you

View Profile   IP Logged
ywguo
Community Fellow

Shanghai, PRC
Re: getting problem during simulation of sc integrator
Reply #1 - Jan 28th, 2013, 6:32pm

HI sourav,

You said that the output was in kV range as the opamp did not have saturation condition. Did the opamp have soft limiting of output voltage?

If you post the code or block diagram of your opamp/sc-integrator, it maybe helpful for you to get fast response.

Best Regards,
Yawei

View Profile   IP Logged
Ken Kundert
Global Moderator

Silicon Valley
Re: getting problem during simulation of sc integrator
Reply #2 - Jan 28th, 2013, 10:40pm

Why don't you skip dc. If you are using Spectre, set the transient option skipdc=yes.

-Ken

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.