The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 16th, 2024, 3:45pm
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Design OSC (Read 12948 times)
AZADBAKHT
Community Member

Re: Design OSC
Reply #15 - Aug 17th, 2014, 8:51am

tnx a lot sir Aaron

really,you help me a lot.
i haven't team and advance lab in my university . so i have very question
i'm sorry for have this problem. Embarrassed

View Profile milad12333   IP Logged
aaron_do
Senior Fellow

Reply #16 - Aug 17th, 2014, 6:10pm

Hi,

So you're the first in your university to work on such a project? That sounds tough, especially for RF work since you will probably need to design the inductors in an EM simulator and then import the s-parameter models.

Assuming you're using Assura, you need to run DRC and LVS. Once your circuit has passed LVS, you need to run QRC. After QRC, an "av_extracted" view will then appear in your library. You need to run simulations on this av_extracted view. You can do so in one of two ways. First you could go to your environment settings in ADE and type in av_extracted at the front of the switch view list. Alternatively you could create a "config" view which will allow you to change the view to simulate block-by-block.

Since this is RF, you shouldn't run QRC on the inductors (unless they are part of the PDK). You need to use an EM simulator to find the S-parameters of the inductor. You can then include the s-parameters in the simulation using the nport component from analogLib...

There are a lot of details I haven't included here because it would be too long. Try running QRC and simulate the extracted view first. Feel free to ask further questions later.

regards,
Aaron

there is no energy in matter other than that received from the environment - Nikola Tesla
View Profile   IP Logged
AZADBAKHT
Community Member

Reply #17 - Aug 17th, 2014, 11:39pm

Hi
Yes i'm first person to work at this project.
tnx a lot for you're help.i try to design...

totowo

SH, PRC
Reply #18 - Nov 16th, 2014, 5:38pm

Hi, AZADBAKHT,

" R=[√(L/C)]*Q "
   This equation is only approximately correct @SRF(Self-Resonance Frequency), where omega=1/sqrt(LC).  The SRF is definitely not your oscilation frequency.

You should use R=omega*L*Q to estimate the impedance, where the omega is the oscilation frequency you want.

The different R values roots in the Series-Parallel Transform.

AZADBAKHT wrote on Aug 15th, 2014, 6:36am:
Hi aaron_do

yes,i know this resistance it's parasitic model for tank.
but,in you're opinion i can build an tank with 750 ohm resistance(parasitic model)?
at RLC parallel tank:

R=[√(L/C)]*Q      >>>>                (L=1nH , C=10fF)

the formula illustrate for have R=750 must Q is high!!

you think i can build the this tank??

View Profile totowo totowo   IP Logged
AZADBAKHT
Community Member

Reply #19 - Nov 16th, 2014, 9:22pm

Hi totowo,
tnx a lot for your explain.

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.