The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 19th, 2024, 10:15pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Verilog HDL simulation with ams simulator (Read 2229 times)
medya

Verilog HDL simulation with ams simulator
Jul 13th, 2015, 3:22am

Hi all,

I wonder whether is it possible to simulate a Verilog HDL code (digital block) without any manipulation with ams simulator? I did a simple simulation as you see in the attached pictures, however after simulation it seems that the outputs are something not well defined! Do I need to define any discipline or add extra lines inside the block code to make the simulation possible? Actually I don't want to make big changes inside my original HDL code:)!
the Verilog hdl code inside the digital block is:

module testofhdl ( co, sum, a, b, ci, clk );
//Input declaration
input a, b, ci,clk;
//Ouput declaration
output co, sum;
//Port Data types
reg co, sum;
always @ (posedge clk)
assign {co, sum}= a+b+ci;
endmodule

Regards,

Medya

View Profile   IP Logged
Ken Kundert
Global Moderator

Silicon Valley
Re: Verilog HDL simulation with ams simulator
Reply #1 - Jul 13th, 2015, 12:58pm

I believe your Verilog code is fine (does not need to be changed). Instead, I suspect your connect modules are not working correctly. If you set up your outputs correctly and you asked for the hdl variables to be saved, you should be able to view the values of the variables in your hdl module. Check to assure that your clock is coming in as expected. It may be that the supply voltages are not set on your connect modules, which means that the connect module threshold is not being crossed, so your clock edges are not registering properly.

-Ken

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.