The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 28th, 2024, 2:09pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Maximum metal length and single connection routing in Layout XL (Read 760 times)
frasheed

Maximum metal length and single connection routing in Layout XL
Aug 25th, 2018, 4:38pm

In our process technology we have only 2 metal layers. The first metal layer can be used for the whole routing process but the second metal layer can be used to make a jumper over metal layer 1 (in case of crossover) by using Via1 . Is there any constraint that I can set define the maximum length for the second metal layer or define it as jumper ?. I am using Cadence Virtuoso XL 6.1.7.

Additionally, is there any way I can route individual connection (not net). Suppose that I have a net1 in my design which is connected to 3 pins of the components in my design. Is there any way that first I route the component 1 and component 3 pin and then from this routing path to component 2 pin ?. As far as I know auto-routing feature uses minimum spanning tree which route the complete net at once. Is there any workaround for what I need ?

Thanks

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.