The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 28th, 2024, 7:43am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
OTA Closed loop Simulation (Read 905 times)
kingdarius

OTA Closed loop Simulation
Jul 01st, 2019, 7:11pm

Hi everyone,
I have an OTA that works perfectly in open loop configuration. It is a PMOS input Folded Cascode OTA with open loop gain of 60dB and load capacitance of 20p. The input CMR is 450m-750m. The common mode voltage of Vin and Vref is 600mV normally. The DC level of the output is 600mV. When there is no C1 in the circuit, the two input DC levels of OTA are 600mV but when I add C1 capacitors, this value changes to 950mV. So when I add capacitances C1, the OTA performance degrades significantly, because of the DC voltage of the OTA input changes.  The closed loop configuration is attached. Can anyone suggest why is it so and what should I do to fix this? In addition to that, can anyone suggest a good reference for OPAMP and OTA test benches?

Thanks

OTA.png
View Profile   IP Logged
kumar.g
Community Member

Frankfurt, Germany
Re: OTA Closed loop Simulation
Reply #1 - Jul 30th, 2019, 12:29am

When you add C1, it blocks the DC. Your input common mode is anyhow blocked.

View Profile kumar.g write2rammy   IP Logged
Horror Vacui

Dresden, Germany
Re: OTA Closed loop Simulation
Reply #2 - Aug 12th, 2019, 6:44am

An amp with 60dB gain should be simulated together with its feedback loop.  You will save lots of headaches caused by wrong DC level at the output.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.