The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 28th, 2024, 6:12pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The problem of special bus definiton of veriloga (Read 1331 times)
Bisharp

China
The problem of special bus definiton of veriloga
Apr 20th, 2020, 1:40am

Hello everyone, I met a problem about bus definiton as following;
There is a specified cell, and the symbol view has a port named "CKS_P<127:0:8>". ->(fig.1)
when I use the option "Create-Cellview-From Cellview" in schematic view, the virtuoso will generate a veriloga template for me. In this template, the port CKS_P is defined as "inout [127:7] CKS_P". ->(fig.2)
Something goes wrong when I click the Check&Save button; Lots of Error is printed in the CIW:
"ERROR: For bus terminal CKS_P<127:7>, port CKS_P<82> is missing in design" ->(fig.3)

I understood why there is an Error, but I don't know how to fix this error without changing the symbol structure, it seems there is no grammer to solve this problem in veriloga. Is there any one have had this problem or can help me.

fig_1.png
View Profile   IP Logged
Bisharp

China
Re: The problem of special bus definiton of veriloga
Reply #1 - Apr 20th, 2020, 1:48am

fig2 and fig3

fig2_fig3_001.png
View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Reply #2 - May 1st, 2020, 1:59pm

I don't know what this means: "CKS_P<127:0:8>"

It certainly doesn't look like valid Verilog-A syntax. It seems that virtuoso should have dealt with converting it to VA syntax.

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Bisharp

China
Reply #3 - May 6th, 2020, 5:23am

Thank you for your reply, Geoffery,
CKS_P<127:0:8> is valid in schematic and symbol view in virtuoso,  which represent CKS_P port with 16 bits width (127, 119, 111, 103, 95, 87, 79, 71, 63, 55, 47, 39, 31, 23, 15, 7). if possible, you can draw a schematic in this way;
The problem lies exactly at the place that when i use "Create-Cellview-From Cellview" in schematic view,  the virtuoso could not convert this format correctly in VA Sad
The result of converting is "inout [127:7] CKS_P" in figure2, which has 121 bits width, and the VA check&save failed.

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Reply #4 - May 12th, 2020, 12:30am

You should report this to Cadence Customer Support. I think it would have to be handled by splitting the bus in the Verilog-A model as I'm not sure there's syntax to represent this sliced bus in this way in Verilog/Verilog-A without expanding the bits, but either way this should be handled more gracefully by the cellView to cellView capability in Virtuoso.

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Bisharp

China
Reply #5 - May 12th, 2020, 1:02am

Thank you for your reply, Andrew

I don't have a clear understanding of "cellview to cellview capability in virtuoso", in my view, I just used virtuoso to convert the schematic view into va view as figure 2, which is wrong;

And I also try a lot way to use sliced bus in verilog-A by hand, all fails in grammer..
I will report this in cadence support.

Regards,
Ying

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.