The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 5th, 2024, 4:14pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Generate jittery clock in cadence (Read 4292 times)
srihari

India, Bangalore
Generate jittery clock in cadence
Sep 13th, 2004, 3:12am

Hi all,
Could any one help me how to generate a jittery clock of specified value in cadence?

Thanks and regards,
Srihari

View Profile   IP Logged
Jitter Man
Community Member

Am I? Or am I so
sane that u just
blew your mind?

Re: Generate jittery clock in cadence
Reply #1 - Sep 13th, 2004, 8:46am

See http://www.designers-guide.com/Analysis/PLLjitter.pdf. Particularly section 7.

Jitter Man

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
August West
Community Member

I'll get up and fly
away

Reply #2 - Sep 13th, 2004, 10:22am

You can also find models that exhibit jitter at www.verilog-ams.com.

-August

View Profile   IP Logged
srihari

India, Bangalore
Reply #3 - Sep 14th, 2004, 11:05pm

Thankyou All,
I have a few doubt, Initially I generated the jittery clock using verilogA and also refering through the paper mentioned, but the project I am working on has very high divide by ratio, for example If we have a clock of 27Mhz (jittery of 100ps) and divider by 27000 we get a clk output from the divider of 1Khz with jitter, This clk is applied as reference to my PFD, while I need to simulate for a longer duration of 150 - 200ms (milli-sec).
If I plot the eye diagram of the clk output(27Mhz) for smaller duration say 100us, the jitter is around 100ps, if I plot the same for a longer duration say 1ms, jitter is 1-1.2ns and for 100ms duration its too high.
What I require is a clk of 27MHz with jitter of around 100ps, even if i run the simulation for 100 or more milli sec. The jitter should be with in the range, If I am wrong please correct me.

Thanks and regards,
Srihari

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.