The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 19th, 2024, 6:54pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How to fit the knee voltage of Vbe of BJT ? (Read 3602 times)
vjoshi

How to fit the knee voltage of Vbe of BJT ?
Aug 05th, 2005, 2:40pm

I am now able to model and get the Ib vs Vbe curve but the knee voltage of Vbe of the measured BJT model is 2.7 V and I am getting .8 V for my pspice model. What parameters should I change to get the knee voltage of Vbe to 2.7 V ?

View Profile   IP Logged
vjoshi

How to fit the knee voltage of Vbe of BJT ?
Reply #1 - Aug 11th, 2005, 6:19am

I am able to model the Ib vs Vbe curve of the real BJT with the pspice model of BJT. I changed the values of ISE and ISC. I wanted to know if I could reduce the slope of the curve between 0 V and 2.7 V to zero so that it matches perfectly with the real BJT Ib vs Vbe curve.
Thanks

View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Re: How to fit the knee voltage of Vbe of BJT ?
Reply #2 - Aug 18th, 2005, 10:07am

You can try changing the emission coefficients or perhaps the series resistances (rb, re).  2.7V is a pretty high voltage for the knee.  Most diodes have a knee of 0.5 to 0.8 V.  Are you sure your measurements are right?

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.