The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 4th, 2024, 2:55pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Extraction & Post-Layout Simulation Methodolog (Read 2144 times)
vipul

Extraction & Post-Layout Simulation Methodolog
Oct 14th, 2005, 9:14am

Hi

I extracted just a MOSFET using Assura, and it showed me parasitics on the terminals of the MOS. The IBM manual says that the MOSFET parasitics are included in the model and an extraction program should not calculate parasitics within the MOSFET pcell. Am I missing something? Is there any option/switch in Assura that I have not enabled/disabled?

I tried another procedure to simulate my circuit, but I am not sure if that is a correct way. I did the complete layout and then I removed the MOSFETs from the layout, and inserted pins on the nets that were connecting to the MOSFET terminals. In the top-level testbench, I included the MOSFETs as schematic instances. Then, I ran the simulation using extracted view of the layout (minus the MOSFETs) and the MOSFET schematic models.

I would love to hear your comments on the accuracy of this procedure.

Thanks
Vipul

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.