The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 19th, 2024, 6:41am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
RF power measurement (Read 3127 times)
rf4Tmen

RF power measurement
Aug 22nd, 2008, 3:05am

Dear all,

I'm using goldenGate to simulate and measure the output power of power amplifier versus the SWR. I'm looking for the fashion which 'll help me to measure the reflected power du to the variation of the antenna impedance and to separate it from the incident power. In other word to emulate a directional couplers.
Someone has an idea?
Thanks to all.

View Profile   IP Logged
nano_RF
Community Member

madison
Re: RF power measurement
Reply #1 - Aug 24th, 2008, 9:42am

Hi,

I have never done this, but just wondering if you can use ideal coupled line structure from ADS library to create say 20 dB directional coupler, and can measure incident power and reflected power.

Regards

View Profile   IP Logged
pancho_hideboo
Senior Fellow

Real Homeless
Re: RF power measurement
Reply #2 - Aug 24th, 2008, 5:32pm

rf4Tmen wrote on Aug 22nd, 2008, 3:05am:
I'm using goldenGate to simulate and measure the output power of power amplifier versus the SWR. I'm looking for the fashion which 'll help me to measure the reflected power du to the variation of the antenna impedance and to separate it from the incident power. In other word to emulate a directional couplers.

If you mean Agilent GoldenGate Simulator, an ideal circulator is available in goldenGateLib as CIR3.
Also isolator(ISO) and gyrator(GYR) are available in goldenGateLib.
Without usigng goldenGateLib, you can describe circulator, isolator and gyrator using Verilog-A.

nano_RF wrote on Aug 24th, 2008, 9:42am:
I have never done this, but just wondering if you can use ideal coupled line structure from ADS library to create say 20 dB directional coupler, and can measure incident power and reflected power.

In Agilent GoldenGate, we can't use any ADS Library component.
Instead, we have to use goldenGateLib or Verilog-A.

View Profile WWW Top+Secret Top+Secret   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.