The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 17th, 2024, 6:00am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
MOS RF model parameters (Read 3339 times)
OxBox

MOS RF model parameters
Oct 30th, 2008, 5:02am

I have a Spectre model that adds a subcircuit of substrate resistances to my MOS model. Parameters ring, aw, and ax are used to calculate the substrate resistances. I can't find in the spectremod documentation what these parameters represent... Does anyone know what ring, aw, and ax represent in calculating substrate resistances?

View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Re: MOS RF model parameters
Reply #1 - Oct 30th, 2008, 6:23am

I think those are just variables the subckt author used when writing an equation for the substrate resistance.  Probably the schematic interface is supposed to have options on the CDF for an instance of that subckt to specify something about the layout of the device.  It won't be in the spectre documentation.  You might be able to figure it out by looking at the equations or by investigating the schematic symbol and/or its netlisting code.

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.