The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 29th, 2024, 5:51pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Mismatch as a function of distance between the two MOSFETS (Read 69 times)
cmos.analogvala
Community Member

India
Mismatch as a function of distance between the two MOSFETS
May 22nd, 2009, 11:24pm

How does standard deviation of a parameter (say vth0) for mismatch between between two transistor vary with distance between the them ?

Let's say sigma of  delta Vt=10mV for MOSFETs placed 10u apart. What will be the sigma of delta Vt for transistors placed 1000u apart in the same layout style ?

Please reply
C A

View Profile   IP Logged
Berti
Community Fellow

Re: Mismatch as a function of distance between the two MOSFETS
Reply #1 - May 24th, 2009, 10:28pm

Matching also depends on the distance, but foundries usually not give specifications on distance mismatch in their DRM.
You can check the following book for more information and typical number for >0.18um CMOS: Binkley, Tradeoffs and optimization in analog CMOS design.

Cheers

View Profile   IP Logged
cmos.analogvala
Community Member

India
Reply #2 - May 25th, 2009, 1:53am

Thanks for the reply.

My designs are at 90nm. I need typical values only.

Say if sigma=10 mV  for deives separated by 10u, considering sigma=45mV for devices separated by 3000 u is an optimistic, realistic or  pessimistic ?

-CA

View Profile   IP Logged
Berti
Community Fellow

Reply #3 - May 25th, 2009, 5:27am

Distance mismatch was modeled by Pelgrom using a distance mismatch parameter Svto multiplied by the separation distance between devices S:

ΔVto = Svto×S,

where Svto is around 0.7 for a 0.25μm technology.
I don't have number for more advanced technologies since I work for a small company and it is therefore difficult for me to get information from the foundry.

Cheers

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.