The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 25th, 2024, 9:52pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
leakage current in 65 nm CMOS Technology? (Read 4743 times)
henrytqy

leakage current in 65 nm CMOS Technology?
Nov 04th, 2012, 7:44pm

Hi all,

I adopt a 100 pF MOS varactor (Area: 6000 um^2) in my ckt with the standard 65 nm CMOS Technology.  But the simulation in spectre shows the leakage current is as large as 350 nA, which is too large and unaccepted to me.

my test bench is a simple RC low pass filter with only the DC excitation.

I don't know whether my test bench is correct or the leakage current is really at that level in 65 nm.

Thanks for your help~~~

View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Re: leakage current in 65 nm CMOS Technology?
Reply #1 - Nov 5th, 2012, 5:42am

You should ask your foundry for measurement data; it's probably proprietary data, so others on this forum would not be able to share (even assuming the values were similar in all 65nm technologies).

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
henrytqy

Reply #2 - Nov 5th, 2012, 7:22am

Thanks~~~it is really at that order of magnitude.
Geoffrey_Coram wrote on Nov 5th, 2012, 5:42am:
You should ask your foundry for measurement data; it's probably proprietary data, so others on this forum would not be able to share (even assuming the values were similar in all 65nm technologies).

View Profile   IP Logged
Lex

Eindhoven, Holland
Reply #3 - Nov 14th, 2012, 2:53am

Make sure your simulation is accurate enough, and check its dependency on bias voltage to be sure you're looking at the right thing.

View Profile   IP Logged
raja.cedt
Senior Fellow

Germany
Reply #4 - Nov 14th, 2012, 3:57am

hello,
as every one said it depends on the fab, but 350nA looks really lesser than the published one. Please refer the following jssc pap, they have reported few numbers on leakage, for 900um^2 hey have 1mA leakage current.

http://www2.ee.ntu.edu.tw/~ecl/Professor/A%20Leakage-Current-Recycling%20Phase-L...

Try to read some more from the same authors you will find few more interesting leakage numbers.

try to simulate in the following manner.
By applying 1V ac voltage source at the gate of cap and measure current through gate.

Thanks,
Raj.

View Profile WWW raja.sekhar86   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.