The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Sep 19th, 2020, 11:33am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
stability for ckts having one feedback and one forward loop (Read 58 times)
tulip
Community Member

stability for ckts having one feedback and one forward loop
Sep 4th, 2020, 8:05am

I designed a circuit having one feedback and one feed forward loop, the feed forward loop is used to provide a zero to improve the phase margin of the feedback loop.
When I break the feedback loop, the stb analysis shows the loop is stable, but when I break the the feedforward loop, the stb analyais shows the loop is unstable.
The transient reponse of the circuit is stable.

In cadence help file "spectreref.pdf", it says: The  loop-based algorithm can only be performed on individual feedback loops to ensure that they are stable. Although the stability of all feedback loops is only a necessary condition for the whole circuit to be stable, the multi-loop circuit tends to be stable if all individual loops are associated with reasonable stability margins.

Does cadence mean that if one of the loop of a multi-loop circuit is unstable, the whole circuit is unstable?
How can I check the stability of the circuit I designed?

Thank you very much.

« Last Edit: Sep 05th, 2020, 5:11am by tulip »  

Not every morning wake up your alarm clock, but dream!
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2020 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.