The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 25th, 2024, 9:30am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Output-referred kT/C noise combined with T&H and with sw.cap integrator (Read 389 times)
bernd2700
Community Member

Output-referred kT/C noise combined with T&H and with sw.cap integrator
Nov 04th, 2021, 2:11am

Output-referred kT/C noise combined with T&H and with sw.cap integrator

Best is to read the attached .pdf, but here a very brief summary:
*) For kT/C noise combined with a Track And Hold, equations provided by Ken Kundert (thanks a lot!) for the T&H fit perfectly to Cadence sim. results. (Adding his "Ideal S&H” makes no difference here.)
*) However, if I add a switched-capacitor integrator, NOW SUDDENLY I HAVE TO TAKE THE EQUATION FOR A SAMPLE & HOLD (S&H) to fit the Cadence sim. result (at least up to fs/2). Adding his "Ideal S&H” in this case does make a difference.
=> What is from the concept point of view the correct procedure / flow diagram for obtaining the correct discrete-time total integrator output-referred kT/Cs noise and why?
Example: Generate kT/C noise ==> Process it with the T&H and/or S&H (??) ==> Multiply by integrator transfer function ==> Do sampling (again)?!

Up to my knowledge, it seems, no one has conceptually described this in an understandable way up to now.
As said, I would be VERY happy if one could bring some light into this topic!
Many 1000 thanks in advance and best regards,
Bernd

(Reference = Paper used: "Simulating Switched-Capacitor Filters with SpectreRF - Ken Kundert")

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.